Chivalry is dead? Nah. It’s just fallen asleep. Wake up guys! The women in our lives long to be treated like royalty, and they deserve it. And it’s the little things that count. I’m not saying you have to take her out to fine dining and ride around in one of those horse-drawn carriages like they do in big cities (unless that is something she’d really love). It’s not really about that.
For most girls, it’s about the small stuff.
Simple stuff like:
Stopping by the grocery on your way home and grabbing a $10 bouquet of fresh flowers.
While you’re there, maybe you grab the latest copy of her favorite girlie magazine and her favorite candy bar. You’re out a total of $20, but the brownie points are through the roof!!!
- Make a commitment to “date night” at least once a month. You’re broke? How about grabbing an old blanket, picking up Subway, and a bottle of wine (or sparking grape juice for you teetotalers) and then heading to the $1 movie theater? A lot of cities still have those. Again, you’re out about $20.
- Open the car door for her. FREE.
- Be silly and carry her across the threshold occasionally. FREE.
- Find her favorite song and turn it on and dance with her in the kitchen. FREE.
- Talk about your wedding day…even if it was stressful, maybe you can laugh about the craziness. FREE.
- Take her to an open field or any quiet spot with a great view of the sunset. Make-out while you’re there and everybody wins!!! (Still free, btw.)
I hope that as you’ve read this article, you’ve taken time for some brief introspection. What can you do to show your girl you cherish her? Is it the words you use? The attitude you show? The things you do? What would speak most loudly to the heart of the girl you fell in love with, no matter how long ago? What about the soon-to-be-Queen you are raising? Is she treated like a princess or more like hired help?