“But we make His love too narrow,
By false limits of our own;
And we magnify His strictness,
With a zeal He will not own.
For the love of God is broader,
Than the measure of one’s mind;
And the heart of the Eternal,
Is most wonderfully kind.”
…from “There’s a Wideness in God’s Mercy” by Frederick W. Faber (1814-1863)
Our minister of music introduced this song to our church Sunday night and honored me by publicly saying it reminded him of me. It’s a song from 150-200 years ago that beautifully paints a portrait of the never-ending love of God. A love that is not limited by human standards, nor is it intimidated by human failure.
It’s a portrait of the love, mercy, and often-times Messy Grace of God that has NEVER changed and will never fail.
There’s a Wideness in God’s Mercy and a Wildness in His Grace.
Ps. 103:12 says, “As far as the east is from the west…he removed our transgressions…”
There’s still time to win your two free copies of “Love Does” by my friend Bob Goff!
So how do you win a copy?
Here’s how the contest works:
- Submit one true story (up to 500 words) of someone else that you’ve recently observed putting love into action. Someone living with whimsy and just GOING FOR IT! It could be a teacher, a friend, a co-worker, family member, pastor, or anyone else you’ve seen living their life proactively, living with the belief that LOVE DOES.
- Follow @graceismessy on Twitter
- Tweet this: Win a free copy of “Love Does” by @bobgoff! Go to http://messygrace.com today for details! #graceismessy #lovedoes
- Win! A winner will be chosen and announced on Friday May 11. The winner will receive two copies of Love Does by Bob Goff- one to keep and one to share.
Here’s the fine print (please read in your best hurried announcer voice):
The timeline to submit is between now (12:05am Wednesday 5/2/12) and 11:59pm Tuesday 5/8/12 (that’s tonight).
Submit your story here (just hit “reply” and leave a comment) or email the story to email@example.com
One winner will receive a brand-new copy of “Love Does” plus a second copy of the book to give as a gift to the person you wrote about.
Winner will be notified by email on Friday, May 11, 2012. Winner will also be announced here at http://messygrace.com.
Stories submitted may be posted as a blog entry on this website in the future.
Deadline for submission is 11:59pm Tuesday 5/8/12 (that’s tonight).
Looking forward to reading your stories!
- Love goes to the wrong side of the tracks. (messygrace.com)
- Hope, Whimsy, Love, and Football (messygrace.com)
- Holy Tires, Batman! (messygrace.com)
- Speaking of God’s love (anniewald.com)
- Good Morning April 17 (lifesmeaningministries.wordpress.com)
- Dear God: Your Holy Will Is Love and Mercy, Itself! (catholicglasses.com)